+6 088 738 788 [email protected]
+6 088 738 788 [email protected]

Covid-19 Travel Support

COVID-19 Travel Update 

Dear Valued Guests:

The worldwide outbreak of COVID-19 has brought the world to a standstill, we have never experienced such a phenomenon. It is all-consuming and the global travel industry has been the worst affected of all major economic sectors, and truly is in a period of disarray right now. 

In an effort to ‘flatten the curve’ of the COVID-19 infections, the Malaysian Government has imposed a nationwide Movement Control Order (MCO), which started on 18th March 2020. The MCO is a partial-lockdown that is aimed at encouraging people to stay at home and, thus, breaking the chain of infection.

The MCO was initially scheduled to end on 31st March 2020. However, it has since been extended until 9 June 2020. In light of the crisis, we have rolled out more lenient change and cancellation policies—with some now extending those policies into the fall and beyond. We are now offering postponement and rebooking options that are rightfully more generous than what you would expect.

We know you have a lot of questions about the tour that you have booked with us during this MCO period. We want to reassure you in the midst of this unprecedented, extraordinary COVID-19 pandemic that we are here to support you, and help you with how to still make your adventure dream come true with a variety of flexible options. None of us could have ever imagined what is happening now throughout the world. We are working very hard to respond to the overwhelming number of phone calls, emails, messages, and live chats that we are getting daily. We greatly appreciate your patience.

Here are our flexible options to help you continue your dream of doing your trip to Sabah, Borneo:

Postpone Your 2020 Tour Date and Reschedule it Anytime Before 31 Dec 2021:

  • For all affected non-climbing tours from 18 March 2020 – 9 June 2020, you are allowed to postpone your tour to a later date in 2020, or anytime before 31 Dec 2021.
  • For all affected climbing tours from 18 March 2020 – 9 June 2020, you are allowed to postpone your climbing tour to a later date, within 1 year from your existing climbing date. However, the climbing slots are subject to availability and will be granted on a First Come First Serve Basis (as they are now).
  • There will be NO extra charges nor price increments.
  • If you are not ready to travel yet, you will receive a credit of monies paid that you can use towards an alternative tour or future trip with a departure date before 31 December 2021.
  • Tour departing from 10 June 2020 onwards will continue as planned. If you are in the event of a need to postpone to a later date in exceptional circumstances, you may contact our team (subject to approval). 

This is not the first crisis, but the worst crisis we are facing as the entire world is affected. Postponing plans rather than canceling meant a lot to us. Within this uncertain zero sales period, we will and we are trying our best not to let go of any staff and keep our company doors stay open. AND importantly, you STILL get the amazing adventure that you had booked, at a later, safer date.

The COVID-19 situation is changing rapidly on a daily basis, what might be the current situation may be very different the next day. Hence, we will continue to review and revise our T&C and policies to adapt to the constantly evolving situation of this pandemic. Please monitor this page for updates and new information.

Last but not least, on behalf of Borneo Calling, our team hopes that you stay safe and healthy, get outside for fresh air and that no one that you love is impacted by this virus. Looking forward to serve you in the near future. We are always here whenever you are ready to travel again!

The most recent update took immediate effect on 15 May 2020.


Best Regards,

Borneo Calling Team