MABUL ISLAND – MABUL WATER BUNGALOW
|Mabul Water Bungalows (MYR/Pax)|
1) Non-Diver child from 4 – 11 years old is chargeable at child rate provided they stay in the same chalets with the parents. An extra bed will be provided in each chalet.
2) Infants up to 3 years old are Free of Charge. The infant must stay in the same chalet as the parents; a baby cot will be provided free of charge if prior arrangement is made.
3) Children who is a certified diver will have to pay FULL diver’s package rates regardless of their age and parents are to be held responsible for their children at all times.
4) Adult rate shall apply to whoever aged 12 and above.
5) Parents assume full responsibility for their children at all times
1) To add surcharge 50% on top of the above prices for single occupancy of a 2-bed bungalow. This must be booked well in advance.
2) Additional surcharges may apply for single travelers during scheduled or unscheduled land and boat transfers.
1) Federal Tourism and Culture Ministry of Malaysia has imposed a Malaysian Tourism Tax (TTX) effective from September 2017. Foreign tourists are required to pay a flat rate of MYR 10 per room per night regardless of hotel star level. The tax will be collected from every check-in guest directly at the resort which is not included in the package.
2) All rate are quoted in Ringgit Malaysia & Nett (No hidden cost unless otherwise stated)
3) All passports and visas must be valid at least 06 months from the date of entry into the country destination
For Mabul Water Bungalows Package Rate (Diver/Non-Diver):
1) We will only arrange for guests who stay from 5 nights onward at standalone chalets or at water bungalows to have 1 day diving guarantee at Sipadan Island. This guarantee trip is NOT included the entry permit fee. The fee is RM 140.00 net per person per day (subject to 6% Service Tax) for divers, non-divers, visitors and children. This entry permit fee has to be paid on arrival in the resort. Please note during peak season, divers will be given the priority to dive at Sipadan Island.
Return Land Transfer
Return Boat Transfer
Accommodation (Mabul Water Bungalow)
Full Board Meal
Boat Dives (Diver Package Only)
Unlimited Jetty Diving from Mabul’s House Reef (Diver Package Only)
Tanks With Air, Weights and Weight Belt (Diver Package Only)
Snorkel or Diving Gear
Malaysian Tourism Tax (TTX)
Others not stated
All divers will be required to show proof of diver training / certification by an internationally recognized Diver Training Agency upon arrival before they would be allowed to participate in any diving activity. Logbooks are highly recommended
All guests will be required to sign a Liability/Release Form (Waiver) before or upon arrival and abide by all diving and safety rules of the resort. No diving or snorkeling activities will be permitted until the said form is signed and witnessed.
Weather conditions is unpredictable even for the best season.
The first dive at the Dive Resort on the day of arrival will be an orientation dive with a Divemaster. This is required of all divers. Please take note that there is NO Underwater Camera or Video allowed during the orientation dive. Other jetty dives can be done on the first day under UNLIMITED JETTY DIVES program. First day diving is depends on your arrival time to the resort.
There are three (3) boat dives a day, two in the morning and one in the afternoon. It is a combination dive at nearby dive sites making a total of 3 dives per day. Each boat goes out with a boatman and Divemaster. All dive sites and dive schedules will be arranged at the discretion of the resort Management.
Dive boats will depart to the dive sites every morning at 8.00 to 9.00 am and return to Sipadan-Mabul Resort after the 3rd dive, around 4.00 p.m. Divers will return to the resort for their meals after every dive. If you are diving at Sipadan Island you will be there the whole day, lunch will be served on site.
In order to cover the entire dive sites it is recommended at least one week stay at the resort. If you would like to do additional day diving besides the normal 3 boat dives then the diving rate is RM 106.00 net per dive/per diver. This must be arranged in advance with the dive master. Divers will be required to sign a separate Liability/Release Form
Besides the three (3) boat dives, unlimited jetty dives may be carried out daily on Mabul’s House Reef. These jetty dives can only start after your morning boat dive, unless you choose not to go on the morning boat dive; then you may dive anytime after 7.00am. Your last jetty dive has to be planned in such a way as to exit the water by 9.00 p.m. Divers are required to dive with a buddy and sign out with resort personnel on duty. NO DIVE MASTERS WILL ACCOMPANY JETTY DIVES, unless prior arrangements are made.
For certified divers who purchase non-diver package wishes to pay and dive on the spot the additional charge is RM 170.00 net per dive per person includes the use of dive boat, tank with air, weights, weight belt and the services of dive master on sharing basis. This must be arranged in advance and pay locally. Whilst for the unlimited house reef diving with buddy is RM 85.00 net per dive per person includes the use of tank with air, weights and weight belt. This must be arranged in advance and pay locally as well.
All dives must be with a buddy; no solo diving is allowed. Depth on any dive shall be limited to a maximum of 140 feet (40 meters), of course taking into account any residual nitrogen time already acquired.
For safety measures, a mandatory minimum 60 minutes surface interval is required before the next consecutive dive, regardless of whether you are diving by a computer or by tables.
To Night Dive, divers must show proof of night diving in the form of certification cards or logbooks documenting such dives. If no proof is available, divers who wish to night dive will be required to take an introduction OR certification course in night diving at an additional cost. Night Divers must exit the water by 9.00 p.m. (2100 hrs). Night dive is exceptionally good at Mabul walls where one could easily encounter Lobsters, Crocodile Fish and occasionally large Cuttlefish. The boat leaves for Mabul night dive at around 6.00 – 6.30 p.m. and dinner will be served after the dive.
A diver doing their first night diving will be required to do an introduction to night diving prior to the dive. Rates for night diving with boat on Mabul Island is RM 287.00 net per dive/per boat from 1-2 Divers and if there are 3 divers and above the rate is RM 106.00 net per diver/per dive. This will be charged locally.
The latest recommendation from DAN, Training Agencies etc., indicates that you should wait a minimum of 12 hours and sometimes up to 24 hours after diving before you fly. If you choose to dive on the day you leave and fly, you will be required to sign a separate Liability/Release Form (Waiver) to do this. You will only be able to do one morning dive at 8.00am at Mabul Island; however, this is at the discretion of the resort Management. The extra charge for the dive on last day is RM 106.00 per person/per dive.
Equipment rental rate in MYR :
After commencement of tour service there will be no refund in part or full, will be made for unused service/activity.
All types of activities being offered by the resort on the island especially dive activities are subjects to bad sea, weather conditions / poor visibility and also divers’ own physical abilities (e.g.: injuries, intoxification, hangovers, etc.). Therefore, we reserve the final decision and rights to either proceed or abort any activities / dives for any safety reasons.
Borneo Calling and Sipadan Dive Resort cannot be held responsible, or in any liable, for any injury, property losses, personal losses, accidents, death or damage to personal equipment for any reason whatsoever, whether through acticity booked through us or caused to you by third parties, whilst staying at the resort, or during participation in any activity.
We strongly recommend that all guests take up adequate travel insurance that covers accident, loss caused by cancellations, loss of baggage, personal property, medical expenses, medical evacuation and weather disruption that caused any acitivity cancellations. Guests intending on participating in diving activities must ensure their insurance covers them for SCUBA related activities and has appropriate ‘depth’ coverage.
All guest will be required to read and sign the company Standard Liability Form and other related forms at the resort upon arrival and check-in.
The safe keeping of your personal belongings are at your own responsibility.
Not recommended to bring valuable items with you.
Please be informed that all guests need to obtain entry permit daily to dive or visit to Sipadan Island and it will be subject to approval by the Sabah Parks Management, which is in control of issuing the entry permit.
The total number of divers or visitors allowed to visit Sipadan Island is restricted to 176 people per day.
Sipadan Mabul Resort has been allocated 12 quotas each day out of the 176 people. Due to this limited quotas, only guests who stay from 5 nights onward at standalone chalets or at water bungalows to have 1 day diving guarantee at Sipadan Island.
Please note there is no first come first serve basis. During peak season, priority will be given to divers.
This guarantee trip is NOT included the entry permit fee. The fee is RM 140.00 net per person per day (subject to 6% Service Tax) for divers, non-divers, visitors and children. This entry permit fee has to be paid on arrival in the resort.
Borneo Calling and Sipadan Mabul Resort will not be held responsible for not being able to provide trip to Sipadan Island due to the conservation measures by the Government.
Should the entry permit to Sipadan Island is not been approved, Sipadan Mabul Resort can offer alternative trip at nearby islands such as Kapalai, Mabul, Sibuan, Boheydulang, Mantabuan and Mataking where there is no restrictions on these islands. You may arrange this trip with the dive team in the resort.
As for guests who are staying less than 5 nights at standard or standalone chalet, the package will be based on our NON SIPADAN PACKAGE, no matter how long is your stay, the trip to Sipadan Island is NOT GUARANTEE.
You may check with the resort when you arrive at the resort if any day trip Sipadan diving service available to book. The price per trip is MYR 520 per person per day.
Pick up from Tawau Airport or Hotel at Semporna and transfer to Jetty. Depart from jetty to Sipadan Mabul Resort.
Arrived at Sipadan-Mabul Resort. Check in to your accommodation. Meal will be served at resort’s restaurant. Free at own leisure.
Diver Package : Proceed to boat dives & unlimited house reef dive. Non-diver can snorkel around the resort or free at own leisure.
Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner will be served at restaurant
Check out and have your breakfast at resort restaurant
Depart from Mabul Island to jetty at Semporna and onwards transfer to Tawau Airport
1) For guests arriving Semporna by overland transfer on own arrangement please proceed to Seafest hotel’s lobby.
2) Please be there half an hour before boat departure.
3) It is advisable to inform us in advance of your arrival time as the boats are not all the time stationed at the jetty.
4) If you miss the boat then you will have to wait for the next scheduled boat.
5) For guests overnight the day before at Semporna, please note transfer to the jetty will be provided for guests staying near the harbour. Please wait at the hotel’s lobby half an hour before boat departure.
6) Whilst for guests staying outside the harbour, please make own arrangement to Seafest hotel’s lobby half an hour before boat departure.
7) As we are not able to meet all the flights arriving in Tawau, therefore guests arriving by flight not stated in the flight schedule have to stay a night at the mainland – Tawau or Semporna.
3 Times Daily Boat Transfer INTO & FROM Sipadan-Mabul Resort
|TO – Sipadan-Mabul Resort||FROM – Sipadan-Mabul Resort|
|10 am||6.30 am|
|12.30 pm||11 am|
|4.30 pm||2 pm|
|Accommodation||Check In||Check Out|
|Sipadan Mabul Resort||2pm||12 pm|
Mabul Water Bungalow is a floating dive-resort located at Mabul Island overlooking the world-known Sipadan Island which is 15-minutes away by speedboat.
These wooden-type bungalows (built up size 40X23ft) has sixteen (16) units (12XDouble Bed & 4XTwin Bedded) entirely built over water with stilts offer sheer comfort. Each bungalow exquisitely furnished with contemporary furniture and décor, equipped with remote control air-conditioner, ceiling fan, private bathroom-hot/cold shower and toilet, spacious private balcony offer panoramic vistas of blue sea, selected satellite TV channels, mini bar, coffee/tea maker, hair dryer and in-room safety box.
Facilities includes a large and airy restaurant for dining, a souvenirs shop selling variety of t-shirts, accessories and gifts, a business center with internet service, a dive center and an office taking care all the guests registration, billings and an underwater video and health spa outlets.
Free WIFI Internet Access is available in the room. Please request the password at the front desk.