|Rate (MYR/Pax) nett|
|Rate (MYR/Pax) nett|
1) Non-Diver child between 2 – 11 years old is chargeable at 50% of the Non-Diver Package Rate (adult rate) provided they do not occupy separate beds.
2) Infant 24 months and below is chargeable at 10% of Non-Diver Package Rate (adult rate).
3) Junior Diver (Child Diver) rate is based on Diver Package Adult’s Rate.
4) One (1) adult and One (1) child in a chalet will be charged as TWO adults rate.
5) Children below 12 years old on the departure date must accompanied by an adult throughout the vacation.
Single Traveler & Group Travel:
1) Single Traveler: Subjected to Single Supplement Surcharge of 30% on top of the total package rate above. (For OWN CHALET with NO SHARING option)
2) Group Travelers: One (1) person will be FREE OF CHARGE for every Nine (9) paying person. (Subjected to same arrival and departure flight and time).
3) Triple Sharing (3 adults in a clahet) will entitled for 5% discount from the package rate above.
4) Minimum to go : 2 Adults
1) Combining Diver Package and Non-Diver Package is not allowed. Divers have to decide between Diver Package or Non-Diver Package throughout the stay.
2) Only certified/licensed diver will be allowed to purchase Diver Package (Mininum requirement is PADI Open Water Recreational Dive Certificate or equivalent). Unless they are enrolled in a scuba training program and uner the direct supervision of their certified instructor.
3) Guests have to produce their certification card prior to diving as failure to produce any certification card/credentials may result in being denied permission to scuba dive.
4) Divers are encourage to bring along own equipment otherwise opt for rental from the dive centre.
5) All scuba divers must accept full and complete responsibility for themselves, their actions and their equipment.
6) No dive allowed within 24hours prior to departure flight time.
1) No pregnant woman are allowed by boat to Kapalai resort.
2) Sipadan-Kapalai Dive Resort has no other room category and allocation of room is based on RUN OF HOUSE (ROH) Basis. Choosing of room by number will not be allowed.
3) Extension Night Stay – Subjected to the accommodation availability.
4) Snorkel by boat is not available here.
Return Land Transfer
Full Board Meals
Return Land Transfer
Full Board Meals
Freeflow of Drinking Water/Tea/Coffee
Unlimited House Reef Dive
Nigth Dive (Diver with Night Experience Only)
Only Tank, Weight and Weight Belt are provided
Camera Fees (If any)
Semporna Jetty Fee
Equipment and gear rental
Alcoholic Drink, Carbonated Drink
Others not stated above
Smoking is not allowed on transportation and retricted to certain area at the resort.
Full payment is required 30 days prior to commencement of tour services. If full payment is not received by the due date, your reservation will be cancelled and full deposit will be retained by the resort.
Package prices are inclusive of land and boat transfer on the check-in and check-out day only. Additional fee will be charged for unscheduled transfers which is not include in the package.
After commencement of tour service there will be no refund in part or full, will be made for unused service/activity.
Borneo Calling and Sipadan-Kapalai Dive Resort will not be held liable for any delay, additional expenses of inconvenience which may be caused by directly or indirectly by events outside of the company control, such as late arrival of domestic or international flights, civil disturbances, fire, floods, unusually sever weather, act of God, act of Government, or the failure of any machinery or equipment.
In the unlikely event that the dive trip is cancelled due to bad weather, rough and dangerous sea conditions, a natural disaster, an act of God, war, political unrest, a danger to passengers, or the boat, then the resort has the right to cancel or delay the departure. The resort withholds the rights to change the planned itinerary, leave for jetty early or change the schedule.
Borneo Calling and Sipadan-Kapalai Dive Resort cannot be held responsible, or in any liable, for any injury, property losses, personal losses, accidents, death or damage to personal equipment for any reason whatsoever, whether through acticity booked through us or caused to you by third parties, whilst staying at the resort, or during participation in any activity.
We strongly recommend that all guests take up adequate travel insurance that covers accident, loss caused by cancellations, loss of baggage, personal property, medical expenses, medical evacuation and weather disruption that caused any acitivity cancellations. Guests intending on participating in diving activities must ensure their insurance covers them for SCUBA related activities and has appropriate ‘depth’ coverage.
All guest will be required to read and sign the company Standard Liability Form and other related forms at the resort upon arrival and check-in.
Please check you have the required travel documents before booking your dive trip. Ensure that your passport has at least 6 months validity from your time of entry into Malaysia.
The safe keeping of your personal belongings are at your own responsibility.
Not recommended to bring valuable items with you.
1) Daily entry permit to dive or visit Sipadan Island will be subject to approval by the Sabah Parks Department, which controls the issuing of the entry permits. The total number of divers or visitors allowed to visit Sipadan Island is restricted to 120 people per day for all resorts in total.
2) A minimum stay of 3 consecutive nights with a non-dorm room diving package is required to be eligible for a 1-day guarantee of a Sipadan permit.
3) Priorities of Sipadan Permits are given to Divers. Non Divers are subject to permit availability.
4) A fee is levied by the Sabah Parks Department of MYR40 per person for all guests entering Sipadan and is valid for ONE (1) day only. This levy charge is to be paid separately as it is NOT included in any of our packages unless clearly stated.
5) In any event the trip has to be cancelled; the permit paid is NOT refundable or transferable to a later date. The management will not be responsible for such losses rendered to the guests.
6) We will strive to keep all guests on the same reservation together on all dives to Sipadan, however in the event of large groups or situations beyond our control, guests on the same reservation may be split.
7) Please note that we will forward your names for Sipadan permits as many times as possible. Please inform us if you do not want to be put forward for more than your guaranteed allocation of permits at least 24 hours in advance otherwise you would be charged for the permit acquired.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Due to the restricted Sipadan entry permit quota set by Sabah Parks, guests are required upon booking to submit full name with nationality, gender, passport numbers and contact address for us to proceed with the permit application. Failure to submit information may result in guest(s) being denied entry to Sipadan Island.
BOAT SCHEDULES (Fixed Time – Once Daily)
|From||To||Boat Schedule (Time)|
|Semporna Private Jetty||Sipadan-Kapalai Dive Resort||Depart at 1000 hrs; 1230 hrs; 1500 hrs|
|Sipadan-Kapalai Dive Resort||Semporna Private Jetty||Depart at 0630 hrs; 0930 hrs; 1330 hrs|
|0700 hrs||1030 hrs||Breakfast||Resort Restaurant|
|1230 hrs||1400 hrs||Lunch||Resort Restaurant|
|1900 hrs||2030 hrs||Dinner||Resort Restaurant|
** Tea/Coffee/Cold Water/Cordial – Served throughout the day at the restaurant
Note: Strictly no outside Food & Drinks allowed into the Resort
FLIGHT TIMING GUIDE
Arrival – Book the earliest flight to arrive Tawau. Latest by 1355 hrs, for transfer to resort on the same day.
(First boat transfer depart from Semporna Private Jetty to Sipadan-Kapalai Dive Resort at 1000 hrs, the earliest flight to look for is from Kota Kinabalu, arrive at Tawau around 0740 hrs)
Departure – Book any flight from 1000 hrs onward.
(To stay up to last departure boat at 1330 hrs from Kapalai Island, earliest flight to look for is anytime from 1700 hrs)
Pick up from Tawau Airport/Hotel and transfer to Kapalai Private Jetty at Semporna. Take approximately 80 minutes drive.
Depart from jetty to Sipadan Kapalai Dive Resort (Approximately 45 minutes boat ride)
Arrived at Sipadan-Kapalai Dive Resort. Check in to your chalet.
Lunch and dinner will be served at resort’s restaurant. Free at own leisure.
Diver Package : Proceed to boat dive (3 boat dives daily) / Unlimited house reef dive in front of Kapalai Dive Centre / Night Dive (Dievr with night dive experience only)
Non-Diver Package : Lunch & Dinner will be served at restaurant
Check out and have your breakfast at resort restaurant
Depart from Kapalai Island to jetty at Sandakan
Arrived Sandakan. Transfer to your hotel/airport.
1. Snorkeling around the resort – from Kapalai Dive Centre only (Snorkel equipments can be rent from Kapalai Dive Centre).
2. Kayaking is available at the dive centre, at own expenses.
Kapalai Island is the third point of the famous Golden Triangle, with Sipadan Island and Mabul Island being the other two. Kapalai is not a true island but rather a sandbar that resorts have built upon to form a true water resort. While the resort was originally built for it’s proximity to world-famous Sipadan, curious divers quickly discovered the paradise that awaited just beneath. Kapalai is undoubtedly one of the premiere macro dive sites in the world.
A few minutes by boat from the islands of Sipadan and Mabul but a full world away from them lies the exhilarating Sipadan-Kapalai Dive Resort, sitting on its sturdy stilts on the shallow sandbanks of the Ligitan Reefs. Planned and built in full style as an airy, comfortable, sunny water village with no land in sight, it boasts a mile-long sandbank of powdery white sand where one can suntan at complete leisure while gazing out to the miles of brilliant turquoise stretching into the horizon offering the purest image of natural serenity. Dive spots are extremely close and can be reached in just a few minutes by speedboat and some of them, actually, just by swimming from the dive center pier. For those who are ready to explore more than the tiny marvels of Kapalai’s macro life, can, in just a few minutes, dive in Sipadan (where big fish and turtles abound) or in Mabul (where silky and muddy bottoms offer different and equally pleasant experiences and opportunities to the lovers of “muck diving”). With a combination of sun and water in a unique and serene setting with friendly staff, Sipadan-Kapalai is an ideal destination for diver and non diver alike seeking a great holiday experience!
Kapalai’s chain of chalets are all linked by miles of wooden walkways. Total 59 wooden chalets offering twin and triple sharing accommodation are attached with
– A cleverly thought-out balcony which offers the total sought out privacy by the lovers of sunbathing and sun tanning.
– Bathrooms with shower and bathtub
– Basic toiletries
– Coffee and tea making facilities
– Electrical points
From the windows of the elegant and spacious rooms, one can spend endless hours looking at the sea as if it has a life on its own just dancing to its never ending tune just a couple of feet below.